5 Ways To Increase Your Facebook Page Engagement Without Spending Any Money
During the last 9 months we've attracted more than 265,000 NEW clients to our Facebook page and it grows at an average of 8-10,000 per week! To say this growing community is a wonderful place to influence culture, serve others and build a business is an understatement. It has attracted so much attention even Forbes Magazine contacted me yesterday with a second follow up interview to the one we did last April when we had reached 100,000 clients in under a year!
Many people look at my page and say comments like, "Surely not everyone can do what you do." As a matter of fact I recently spoke to a Social Media Influencer who said those exact words and he wanted just a few pointers I could give the 'average' person to increase their page engagement, as if I was doing some form of guru voodoo to get the kind of results we are seeing.
With more than 1/3 of our entire community engaging with us on a daily basis and more than 20,000 comments per week, it's obvious this is a marketing dream come true, but to say that the average person or small business owner couldn't do the same is simply not true. My proof is in my Inner Circle where every single day people are doing what we do, adding on average 80-150 people to their page per day, with a small ad budget of $10 per day! If that wasn't enough to make you turn your head, get this- these same small business owners are seeing engagement rates of 30-55% on average, with page likes in the range of 5800-25,000. Many start out with less than 2500 clients! AND much of what they do to increase their page engagement doesn't cost a penny! It's all wrapped around what they do on a daily basis.
What this means to ROI and bottom line is this:
They are targeting and attracting the right clients and people are having relationship with them. Selling is the easy part after that!
So how can anyone, with or without an ad budget increase their page engagement? Here are 5 simple tips, that if you apply them today, I guarantee you, your fans will start engaging with you more. Unless of course you paid someone in Russia to add 20,000 fans to your page and they're a bunch of dead beat spammers to begin with. And no I'm not judging people in Russia. But when the majority of your Facebook fans start coming from that country it's time to wise up.
Raising Your Facebook Fan Page Enagement Without Spending A Penny
1. Post more frequently: It's time to ignore the so-called experts who don't care about relationship and have a 'talking about this' of less than 5% on their page. They don't know what they're talking about. If Mary comes to your page at 10 am and Mark comes to your page at 1 pm and Sue comes to your page at 3 pm and so forth, you want to be in their feed as much as possible. Give it a test. This is the biggest thing I did with multi-billion dollar giants like Camping World and The Good Sams Club which raised their engagement more than 200% in the first 10 days we worked together. Start posting 1 time every hour, for 12 hours of the day. Your engagement will go up without spending a penny!
2. Stop posting so many pictures: Another dumb marketing ploy by so-called experts got a lot of Facebook business pages into trouble. "They" used to say to post pictures more than anything. "They" used to tell us that people on Facebook only like pictures, that's why Facebook created InstaGram. Until… Facebook changed their news feed and everyone's engagement went down the tubes and the fact of the matter is this: Yes, people love pictures but people love GOOD CONTENT more. Pictures aren't going to sell long term and it won't build relationship. It's like the hood ornament on your Facebook business page. It's gonna draw attention, will get some engagement and new likes, but you'll never get them 'married' to your brand. Facebook changed their algorithims and you are now in trouble if that's all you were doing! We teach to do pictures 10-15% of your entire feed for the day. So if you're posting 12 times, do 1-2 photos. If you do more sporadically don't go crazy with legalistic rules, it's ok. Just make sure GOOD CONTENT is what is driving your marketing plan. Your engagement will go up without spending a penny!
3. Ask questions but for crying out loud, not more than a few per day. This is another 'marketing tactic from the internet social media marketing pimps.' They teach us to ask questions! Ask LOTS of questions. Oh my goodness, before we know it our entire page is nothing more than question after question after question! Imagine how good that will work in a showroom at a store or in a coffee shop! Someone will feel like you have a false motive for asking all these questions. OH SURE you'll get a lot of answers but Facebook also pays attention to how often someone comes BACK to your page on their own for engagement ratios. Do they read your content in their feed or are they actually coming back to the TIMELINE page on their own. Most questions are answered on the fly in the feed. If you build an entire page around pictures and questions, you'll see alot of comments but you won't increase your engagement. Ask a question a day or so. Make it fun. Be genuine. Let your random questions be enjoyable. Not something you pull out of a hat to increase your engagement. Be genuine and authentic. People can tell. Your engagement will go up without spending a penny!
4. Stop trying to raise engagement with strategies, marketing plans and ploys. Yes, you read that right. I’m a top social media influencer in the world and I've just told you to stop using strategies, marketing plans and ploys to increase your page. Now you can ignore me or you can look at the 265,000 people we’ve added to our page in the last 9 months and the more than 1/3 of the people who are engaged with our page or not. Yes, I am getting a little cocky here because from the beginning I've been telling people to STOP listening to the pimps, it will come back to bite you. Some of you have been bit. You sit down to schedule posts and all you care about is how many there are, oh my gosh did I ask enough questions, did I do enough pictures, how many posts was that supposed to be and did Sandi say something about how often the percentage of ideal targeted keywords should be on the page frequently per day? Please stop that. It's about as pathetic as scheduling into your iPhone how often you'll make love with your spouse. Oh dear God, please don't tell me you do that. *sigh* If you will care about people, engage with your clients, they will engage back with you. That's what commerce was built around years ago when people built community around their stores. Just because we're digital doesn't mean people have changed. Your engagement will go up without spending a penny!
5. Study your client. Ok, this is where the big dog, marketing guru million dollar money making secrets come out. Do you have your pen and paper? I don't think anyone else is going to teach you this. Ok, sure, they will. That's just me trying to impersonate a pimp. Heeheehee They always say that. NO ONE is teaching this. Listen, if no one is teaching it there's usually a reason. But anyways, I digress. All kidding aside. Study your client. When a man loves a woman, he takes a keen interest in her. He begins to study her. His heart turns toward her. When my son recently married his sweetheart, I saw this happen over the last two years. His mind and heart were set toward pleasing her, knowing her and being able to predict what would draw her to him and make her happy. He can predict when she might need a pick me up, which in "Holly Language" is flowers and dark chocolate. He knows how to surprise her. He can sense when she's in the room, before she says a word. It's beautiful. Start loving your clients. Pay attention to what they read. Turn the pages on the same magazines they read, listen to some of the same podcasts they listen to and study the blogs they frequent the most. Stop obsessing about your competitors for crying out loud and start paying attention to what they love! Listen, if a man wants a woman he doesn't obsess about the other men trying to get her attention. He pays attention to what SHE LOVES. Your engagement will go up without spending a penny!
I've given you today some very simple steps anyone can use immediately in their business to grow their Facebook page and increase engagement. If you increase engagement, you'll increase the liklihood of sales. Now I have a challenge for YOU!
Currently we reach more than 2 million people in our client base. Imagine what kind of exposure that would be for your business if you were to be a featured case study I write about! It would increase your Facebook page engagement without spending a penny in a second! HA!
I want your results. Here's your assignment. Do what I just taught, every single step, for 15 days. Then send me a screen shot of your before and after engagement from your Insights Page on Facebook, along with a photo of your page header and your URL. I'll pick the top 7 people and feature them on my blog! 15 days from today: Monday, February 10th I'll feature the top 7 stories! Send me your results by Wednesday February 5th to be considered. You can send your results to me at sandi at a real change dot com. I can't wait to see how you do! AND give you ridiculous exposure for your page as well!
Have fun! With love,